Mr Joshua Hayes, Executive Officer.
Student Experience Committee
This committee operates in accordance with the UWA Principles for the Operation of Committees and UWA Rules for the Operation of Committees. Members must act in accordance with the University Committee Members' Code of Conduct.
Position of the committee within The University of Western Australia
1. The Student Experience Committee is a standing committee of the Education Committee.
2. The role of the Student Experience Committee is -
(a) advise the Education Committee on implementing the overall student experience, including student learning experience as set out in the University's Education Strategy and Student Experience Strategy;
(b) advise the Education Committee on the promotion of an inclusive student experience through the enhancement of the physical, technological and social environments;
(c) monitor, analyse and report to the Education Committee on the outcomes of student surveys and key measures of student satisfaction (other than teaching specific indicators) and lead necessary actions to improve and enhance the overall student experience. Report any issues of concern to the Academic Quality and Standards Committee, paying particular attention to matters relating to academic integrity;
(d) promote a positive overall student experience and a lifelong relationship between the University and its students through the coordination and connection of strategic activity in all facets of the student lifecycle;
(e) consider measures to contribute towards an enriched student experience through the development of strategies and initiatives which promote participation, success, inclusion, diversity, safety, internationalisation, local and global connections; and
(f) champion initiatives to enhance student employability.
3.(1) The Student Experience Committee comprises:
(a) the Director of Student Life as Chair;
(b) the Chair of the Academic Board or nominee;
(c) the Dean of the School of Indigenous Studies or nominee;
(d) the Dean, Graduate Research School or nominee;
(e) one nominee from each of the Chairs, Boards of Studies;
(f) the University Librarian or nominee;
(g) the Chief Digital and Information Officer or nominee;
(h) the Chief Advancement Officer or nominee;
(i) the Associate Director, Student Services and Engagement;
(j) the Associate Director, Student Success and Wellbeing;
(k) up to two staff members nominated and elected by the Academic Board;
(l) a Head of College or nominee;
(m) the Director, Albany Centre or nominee;
(n) the Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) or nominee;
(o) the President, Student Guild or nominee;
(p) the President, Postgraduate Students' Association or nominee;
(q) two additional student representatives nominated by the President, Student Guild; and
(r) up to two co-opted members if required for balance or specific expertise
(2) The Chair may appoint a deputy chair from among its members.
Terms of office
4.(1) The term of office of members appointed under 3(1)(k) is three years.
(2) At the end of a term of office, members appointed under 3(1)(k) are eligible to be appointed for a second term.
(3) The term of office of members co-opted under 3(1)(r) is two years.
(4) At the end of a term of office, members appointed under 3(1)(r) are eligible to be co-opted again.
5. The quorum for the committee is half the number of members plus one.
6.(1) All matters are decided by a majority of the members present and voting.
(2) Each member has a vote.
(3) The chair of the meeting has an ordinary vote and a casting vote.
(4) Invitees or standing invitees do not have a vote.
Frequency of meetings
7. The Student Experience Committee meets up to eight times a year during the period from February to November, and may meet more frequently when required.