Mr Joshua Hayes, Executive Officer.
Student Experience Committee
This committee operates in accordance with the UWA Principles for the Operation of Committee and UWA Rules for the operation of committees. Members must act in accordance with the University Committee Members' Code of Conduct.
1. The Student Experience Committee is a standing committee of the Education Committee.
2. The role of the Student Experience Committee is to -
(a) advise the Education Committee on implementing the overall student experience, including student learning experience as set out in the University’s Education Strategy;
(b) advise the Education Committee on the promotion of an inclusive student experience through the enhancement of the physical, technological and social environment environments including digital and physical;
(c) monitor, analyse and report to Education Committee on the outcomes of student surveys and key measures of student satisfaction (other than teaching specific indicators) and lead necessary actions to improve and enhance the overall student experience. Report any issues of concern to the Academic Quality and Standards Committee, paying particular attention to matters relating to academic integrity;
(d) promote a positive overall student experience and a lifelong relationship between the University and its students through the coordination and connection of strategic activity in all facets of the student lifecycle;
(e) consider measures to contribute towards an enriched student experience through the development of strategies and initiatives which promote participation, success, inclusion, diversity, safety, internationalisation, local and global connections; and
(f) champion initiatives to enhance student employability.
3.(1) The Student Experience Committee comprises:
(a) the Director of Student Experience/Life as Chair;
(b) the Chair of the Academic Board or nominee;
(c) the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education) or nominee;
(d) the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Education) or nominee;
(e) four academic staff members (one from each of the four faculties) nominated by the Faculty Executive Dean in consultation with the Chair;
(f) the University Librarian or nominee;
(g) the Chief Information Officer or nominee;
(h) the Associate Director, Service and Engagement;
(i) up to two staff members nominated and elected by the Academic Board;
(j) the Chair, Head of Colleges;
(k) the Director, Albany Centre or nominee;
(l) nominee of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International);
(m) up to four student representatives nominated and elected by the Guild and the PSA; and
(n) up to two co-opted members if required for balance or specific expertise
(2) The Chair may appoint a deputy chair from among its members.
4.(1) The term of office of members appointed under 3(1)(i) is two years.
(2) At the end of term of office, members appointed under 3(1)(i) are eligible to be elected by the Academic Board.
(3) The term of office of members co-opted under 3(1)(n) is two year.
(4) At the end of a term of office, members appointed under 3(1)(n) are eligible to be co-opted again.
5. The quorum for the Committee is half the number of members plus one.
6.(1) All matters are decided by a majority of the members present and voting.
(2) Each member has a vote.
(3) The chair of the meeting has an ordinary vote and a casting vote.
(4) Invitees or standing invitees do not have a vote.
7. The Student Experience Committee meets up to eight times a year during the period from February to November, and may meet more frequently when required.