Kelly Whyte, Executive Officer
The constitution of the UWA Estate Planning and Development and Advisory Group.
This committee operates in accordance with the UWA Principles for the Operation of Committees and UWA Rules for the Operation of Committees . Members must act in accordance with the University Committee Members' Code of Conduct.
1. The UWA Estate Planning and Development Advisory Group is an advisory group to the Vice-Chancellor.
2. The role of the UWA Estate Planning and Development Advisory Group is to—
(a) advise on strategies to maximise benefit realisation (financial and non-financial) from the University’s estate;
(b) advise on strategic commercial and property development projects including: identification of opportunities, prioritisation of projects, procurement and disposal options, funding arrangements, implementation strategies and coordination; and
(c) provide insight in commercial property matters.
3. The scope of the UWA Estate Planning and Development Advisory Group is all UWA properties including both endowment and institutional holdings within the estate. A map illustrating the scope of the group is attached.
4. (1) The group comprises:
(a) the Chief Operating Officer as Chair;
(b) up to two members appointed from the Strategic Resources Committee;
(c) the Chief Financial Officer;
(d) the Director Campus Management; and
(e) up to two members co-opted by the foregoing.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor is a standing invitee to meetings of the group.
5. The term of office of members appointed under 4(1)(b) and (e) is two years.
6. At the end of a term of office, members appointed under 4(1)(b) and (e) are eligible to be reappointed but must not serve for more than three consecutive terms.
7. The quorum for the group is four and should always include a member external to the University.
8. The group normally meets at least four times a year, but may meet more frequently if necessary.
9. A communication map illustrating where information comes to the group from and which committees or groups need to be informed of the group’s recommendations is attached.