Jessie Bone, Executive Officer.
The constitution of the Strategic Information Technology and Information Management Committee (SITIMC).
1. The Strategic Information Technology and Information Management Committee (SITIMC) is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor on matters relating to Information Technology (IT) and Information Management (IM).
2. The role of the SITIMC is to—
(a) ensure close alignment of strategic information technology and information management at the University with the University’s overall mission, strategies and operational needs through a whole of institution approach; and
(b) provide leadership for information technology and information management at UWA, and advise, make recommendations and provide information to the Vice-Chancellor, on the following matters:
(i) development of a University IT and IM Strategic Plan, and annual operational plans;
(ii) development of the University’s IT and IM budget strategy;
(iii) optimisation of service provision and delivery through an integrated, one university IT and IM environment;
(iv) oversight of the development of a policy framework for information technology and information management at UWA;
(v) priority setting and the allocation of funds for major IT and IM projects and services, assisted by reports and advice from relevant committees, working parties and/or university officers; and
(vi) the quarterly monitoring of progress against the approved strategic and operational IT and IM plans, and formal annual reporting on the achievement of objectives.
3. The committee comprises:
(a) the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education), as Chair;
(b) the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research);
(d) the Chief Operating Officer;
(e) the Chief Information Officer;
(f) the University Librarian;
(g) the Chair of the Academic Board;
(i) three school deans nominated by the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor;
(j) a nominee of the Education Committee (nominated by the Chair of that committee);
(k) a nominee of the Research Strategy Group (nominated by the Chair of that group); and
(l) up to six co-opted members as required for balance and specific expertise.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor is appointed as a standing invitee to the Committee.
(3) The Chair may appoint a Deputy Chair from among the members to perform essential duties in the Chair's absence.
4. The term of office of members appointed or co-opted under 3(i) to (l) inclusive is three years.
5. At the end of a term of office, members appointed or co-opted under 3(i) to (l) inclusive can be reappointed or co-opted for a further term.
6. It is desirable that members appointed or co-opted under 3(i) to (l) inclusive have a senior leadership role with responsibility for aspects of university business that require information technology and information management as a strategic enabler.
7. The Strategic Information Technology and Information Management Committee meets at least four times per annum.
8. The Strategic Information Technology and Information Management Committee may establish working parties to provide advice as required, and may also refer matters to other bodies or delegate decision making as appropriate.