Executive Officer: Ms Sonya Redmond
The terms of reference and membership of the Planning and Resources Committee.
This committee operates in accordance with the UWA Principles for the Operation of Committee and UWA Rules for the operation of committees. Members must act in accordance with the University Committee Members' Code of Conduct.
1. The Planning and Resources Committee is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor.
Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research
Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Global Partnerships
Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Education
Executive Director Corporate Services
Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
Executive Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Executive Dean, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Executive Dean, Faculty of Science
Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement
Pro Vice-Chancellor, Indigenous Education
Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research
Pro Vice-Chancellor, Education
Dean, Postgraduate Coursework Studies
Dean, Graduate Research School
Executive Officer to the Vice-Chancellor
If Members of the Committee are unable to attend they may be represented by an alternate, subject to agreement from the Chair.
The Chair or Committee may co-opt any member of the University community where particular expertise is required. The committee may also invite other persons to attend particular meetings to advise the committee or participate in debate.
1. To provide advice to the Vice-Chancellor on strategic and operational planning and on strategic initiatives.
2. To receive and comment on the strategic and the annual operational plans, policies and performance targets for the University and for each Faculty and administrative division within the University.
3. To receive and comment on periodic external reviews of each Faculty and administrative division within the University.
1. To confirm, and periodically review, the principles and procedures by which annual resource allocations are determined.
2. to advise on annual and long-term budgets, within the limits approved by Senate, to support the implementation of the operational and strategic plans. The budgets include (but are not limited to):
a. Allocations to budget units.
b. Allocations for capital works and equipment, including IT.
3. To advise the Vice-Chancellor on the establishment of revenue targets for the University and for each Faculty and administrative division.
4. To advise the Vice-Chancellor on the expenditure of University resources to ensure that they are utilised to bet achieve the University's operational and strategic objectives.
5. To advise the Vice-Chancellor on significant requests for expenditure additional to that approved in annual operational budgets.
Five times per year to align with key governance committees within the University.
The committee will confirm with the University's standard policies and procedures for committees. Agenda items and papers will be submitted at least seven days prior to date of meeting. Committee papers will be circulated at the latest by the Friday prior to the meeting. Draft minutes will be circulated within ten days of each meeting, and confirmed at the next meeting.
Ms Sonya Redmond McCarthy, Executive Officer to the Vice-Chancellor, Ext 2783
These terms of reference are made under the authority of the Vice-Chancellor. amendment to the terms of reference may be made by the Vice-Chancellor through written instrument communicated to the Committee Secretary.