Name of Committee
Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery Advisory Board (LWAGAB)
The Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery Advisory Board (LWAGAB) is an advisory body to the Vice-Chancellor.
2. Role statement
The role of the LWAGAB is to -
- make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor relating to acquisitions, donations and bequests associated with the UWA Art Collection; and
- provide strategic advice and oversight on planning and operations of the Gallery, including collections management, exhibitions planning and engagement programs.
3. Membership details
The Board comprises:
- the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) as Chair;
- the Associate Director, Education Strategy;
- the Curator (UWA Art Collection);
- the Registrar (UWA Collections);
- the Curator (Cruthers Collection of Women’s Art);
- One member from the Berndt Museum of Anthropology;
- Up to two members co-opted within the University for expertise, balance, and inclusivity; and
- Up to 3 members with relevant expertise co-opted from the public community.
3.1 Terms of Office
- The term of office of co-opted members appointed under 3(g) and 3 (h) is two years and is renewable for a second term.
- The quorum is half the membership plus one.
- All questions which come before the Board are decided by a majority of the members present and voting.
6. Frequency of meetings
- The Board normally meets four times a year (quarterly), but may meet more frequently if necessary.
Date of Approval